The functions of the Council as administering authority of the pension fund are delegated to the Nottinghamshire Pension Fund Committee.
It is the responsibility of the Committee to determine the overall investment strategy, the type of investment management to be used and what restrictions, if any, are to be placed on particular types of investment and the location, by market, of those investments. These parameters of the fund are contained in statutory publications, principally in the Funding Strategy Statement and the Investment Strategy Statement. Fund policies are found on the Fund policies page of this website.
The pension fund is invested in a diverse portfolio of government and corporate bonds, equities and property. The Annual Report, which includes the Statement of Accounts, contains more information on fund holdings, fund performance and management arrangements can be found on the Fund and valuation reports page.
List of holdings
- Holdings as at 30 June 2019
- Holdings as at 31 March 2019
- Holdings as at 31 December 2018
- Holdings as at 30 September 2018
- Holdings as at 30 June 2018
- Holdings as at 31 March 2018
- Holdings as at 31 December 2017
- Holdings as at 30 September 2017
- Holdings as at 30 June 2017
- Holdings as at 31 March 2017
- Holdings as at 31 December 2016
- Holdings as at 30 September 2016
- Holdings as at 30 June 2016
- Holdings as at 31 March 2016
Any queries relating to the Direct Property holdings of the Fund should in the first instance be directed at the property portfolio manager Aberdeen Standard Investments (Tel: +44 (0) 131 528 4000)
The fund supports the UK Stewardship Code and uses a proxy voting service, currently Pensions and Investments Consultants Ltd (PIRC), to vote on its behalf.
PIRC has comprehensive voting guidelines to ensure that shareholder interests are at the forefront of decision-making by the Board and senior management.
The most recent quarterly Voting Reports are available for you to download, print or read online.
- Proxy voting 2019 Q2
- Proxy Voting 2019 Q1
- Proxy Voting 2018 Q4
- Proxy Voting 2018 Q3
- Proxy Voting 2018 Q2
- Proxy Voting 2018 Q1
- Proxy Voting 2017 Q4
- Proxy Voting 2017 Q3
- Proxy Voting 2017 Q2
- Proxy Voting 2017 Q1
- Proxy Voting 2016 Q4
- Proxy Voting 2016 Q3
- Proxy Voting 2016 Q2
- Proxy Voting 2016 Q1
- Proxy Voting 2015 Q4
- Proxy Voting 2015 Q3
- Proxy Voting 2015 Q2
The most recent actuarial valuation of the fund is available here:
- Valuation Report - 31 March 2016
- Valuation Report - 31 March 2013
- Valuation Report - 31 March 2010
- Valuation Report - 31 March 2007 [Main Fund]
- Valuation Report - 31 March 2007 [Admitted Bodies]
The Pensions Investment Sub-Committee also receives quarterly reports on fund valuation and performance and regularly questions fund managers on their performance. An independent report on the performance of fund managers is also produced annually and provided to the Sub-Committee.